Mayor Teddy C. Tumang’s Significant Accomplishment and Major Projects using Local Funds:
- On his First-Term as Local Chief Executive
- Construction of the new Mexico Municipal Hall in the amount of P25.00M and furnished the same and improved same with mechanical fixtures and office furniture in the amount of 10.00M
- Purchased and acquired Two Heavy-Duty Farm Tractors, constructed five irrigation channels and improved farm-to-market roads all involving the amount of P10.00M.
- Enrolled 10,000 new indigent members of PHILHEALTH with premiums continuously paid by the municipal government.
- Constructed 24 schoolrooms, raised schoolyard against flooding, constructed elevated concrete stage, constructed and improved more than a hundred schoolrooms all involving the amount of P10.00M.
- Repaired and strengthened critical segments of the Abacan River to prevent loss of lives and damages to properties.
- Quickly and effectively responded to disasters and managed well the adverse effects of disaster and spent few millions of pesos for relief and rehabilitation works.
- Instituted and Annual Passport Serbilis Program in the Municipality of Mexico in coordination with the Department of Foreign Affairs.
- Instituted an Annual Jobs Fair in the municipality, in coordination with the PESO and DOLE and Local and Foreign companies, where constituents may apply for work interview. This program enabled many constituents to work here or abroad.
- Funded various cultural presentations at the town plaza, civic parades, street dances, search for Mutya ning Mexico, Teachers Night and other tourism attracting projects.
- Help established the Mexico Pampanga Scholarship Foundation, Inc. This is aside from the scholarship program being sponsored by the Municipal Government in cooperation of the TESDA where the municipality sponsors indigent college and high school students.
- On his Second Term as LCE.
- Purchase of lot, construction of fence, construction of necessary buildings, windrows for composting, establishment of plants nursery and acquisition of mechanical conveyors, shredders, composter bins all for the new Mexico Material Recovery Facility involving the amount of P20.00M.
- Purchase of another Heavy-Duty Tractor in addition to the existing two tractors.
- Establishment of the Gandus Elementary School. A lot was purchased and 4 classrooms were constructed thereon.
- Enrolled another less than 10,000 Philhealth members making the total members to 20,000 indigent members with premiums continuously paid by the municipal government.
- Purchased a 12,490 sq. meter property and improved the same property for Mexico Community Hospital.
- Construction of the Mexico Community Hospital at San Carlos from a loan P43.2M from the Development Bank of the Phil. And from the SM Prime Holdings, Inc.
- Constructed additional 24 classrooms at various elementary schools from the Local School Board Fund.
- Reviewed and updated the Mexico Revenue Code, enacted Anti-Red Tape and Citizens Charter of Mexico, adopted the ecological solid waste management act and updated the Land Use and Cooperative Development Plans.
- On his Third-Term as Municipal Mayor
- Continuously Funding the Operation of the Mexico Community Hospital
- Rehabilitation of major rivers
- Construction of Schoolrooms
- Full implementations of the ecological solid waste management program to zero waste
Proposing to establish a Central Terminal for public utility vehicles and tricycles to prevent traffic congestion.
Proposing to establish College Level school.